female health matters

Personal stories about female health matters.

February 07, 2010

menopausal fighter

Clothilde is 48 and menopausal. She operates a successful florist outlet in a mall and has become very outspoken about all the new laws and regulations governing everything we do – and right now she is in a fighting mood about proposed legislation to prohibit restaurants and food outlets from serving food to obese customers.

“I am totally accepting of my size and my personal power,” says Clothilde, “and if anyone prohibits me from being served my sex substitute (food) I’ll show them what menopausal fury is like!”

"I've had forty-eight good years (when I wasn't wasting my time and money dieting) and now that my hormone factory is shutting down I guess food is going to play a bigger part in my life than ever – totally substituting for sex," laughs Clothilde. "Let's face it, you gotta die of something, and thin people end up six feet under just like the rest of us, right?"

"Well, unlike the polite smokers who accepted their victimization without a squawk, I'm fighting back," asserts Clothilde. "It must be a menopausal thing – I'm so ‘over’ crazy diets, pills and exercises and caring what thin people, or anyone, thinks of me, that if the proposed fat laws ever get enacted they are going to be met with a sizeable resistance from me."

Read more of Clothilde's story:

  • pharma pushed fat laws
  • fat red tape
  • Health Nazis
  • Land of the free?
  • independence vs nanny states












  • Labels: , , , ,


    Copyright 2006-2014 all rights reserved Female Health Matters